Chief's richest chicken soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Tis recipe makes the richest, amazing flavored broth, with exceptional mouth feel It takes time, and a few unusual ingredients, but is well worth the effort.

Ingredients;
2 lbs. chicken wings
1 lb. bone in chicken thighs, with skin
3 lb. roasting chicken with neck, and giblets.
1 lb. chicken feet
1 smoked ham hock
2 tsp. kosher salt
1tsp. ground sage
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1/2 tsp ground thyme
2 carrots, peeled, and sliced
1 large onion, rustic chop
12 oz. dice tomato
1 recipe homemade egg noodles

Noodles
Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose white flour
2 tbs. salt
2 tbs. Sunflower or Olive oil
2 tbs. Olive oil (set aside)
2 tbs. plus 1/2 tsp. Salt

Place flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tbs. olive oil and 1/4 cup water. Stir to make a dough. Add more flour or water until the kneaded product is soft and springy, like a good bread dough. Continue kneading for five minutes.

Place thighs and wings onto a foil lined baking sheet, season with salt and pepper, and roast in a 450' F oven for 20 minutes. Place the ham hock, and chicken feet into a large Dutch oven. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for an hour. Prep all veggies. Ctut up the chicken, removing the bones, and skin. Place carcass into the Dutch oven Simmer for 45 minutes. train broth into a bowl, and take all meat from the carcass, and ham hock. Some people eat the chicken feet, wile others discard them. Place the broth and meat back into the pot. Debone the thigh, and add with the wings back into to pot. Dice the roasting chicken, and lightly brown in butter. Add to he pot. Season with herbs, and spices. Add veggies. Add water until the pot is nearly full. Taste nd correct the seasonings. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.

Make egg noodles dough. Roll out as thin as you can. Dust with flour, and roll dough into a snake. Cut snake into pencil-wide portions. Unroll noodles and add to the soup. Cook for five minutes and serve with buttered, crusty bread, or biscuits.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Chief. With your ingredient list, there is no way that soup could not be rich in flavor.
But I could not do all those things. I don't even know where to get chicken feet.
And making my own noodles while excellent, would make this soup a big deal that takes plenty work and plenty time.
However, if you want to make it for me, I am all in!!!!!!!.......LOL

Back
Top Bottom