Clam Chowder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SierraCook said:
pdswife, every year I try to bring a dish that I have never bought before to our Super Bowl Party. This would be great. Plus it is getting to be that soup time of the year again. I don't like clams any other way, but I love clam chowder.

This is a great soup! Hope you
like it!! :):):):):):)

PeppA likes to buy cans of clam chowder. I'll eat it, but prefer to make my recipe. Of course, PeppA and her mother are addicted to my chowdah, but I only make it in the winter. Since it's starting to cool down, I've been thinking about making a batch. PeppA has already mentioned it once in the past couple of weeks.

That's very close to the way I make my chowder, except I use the flour to make a roux with the bacon drippings, then stir in the liquid and add the potatoes and let it thicken while the potatoes cook. I sometimes sneak in a little grated carrot for color.
I've never made the Manhatten style...may try that one of these days.

AllenMI said:
PeppA likes to buy cans of clam chowder. I'll eat it, but prefer to make my recipe. Of course, PeppA and her mother are addicted to my chowdah, but I only make it in the winter. Since it's starting to cool down, I've been thinking about making a batch. PeppA has already mentioned it once in the past couple of weeks.

How do you make yours Allen?:)

This thread WOULD come up while my DH is away for a whole week and he would have my head on a platter if I prepared it without him!

Ah well - next weekend!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom