Creamy Cauliflower Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I had heard of using cooked cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes. Of course I couldn't be bothered with a recipe, and so was winging it as usual. I steamed the cauliflower until tender, put it into the bladder with a bit of salt, and a half stick of butter. I buzzed it until smooth. It was far to runny for a mashed potato substitute, bu mad a silky, smooth, creamy, and delectable soup.

Over time, I tweaked the soup and came up with this recipe. I hope you like it.

The Chief's Cauliflower Soup4

Ingredients:
1 head of Cauliflower, with green leaves removed (save greens)
1/4 onion, sliced roughly
2 cloves fresh garlic
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1/3 lb. smoked boneless ham
1/2 stick real butter
2 cups water

Place water into a steamer bottom. break cauliflower onto chunks and place into the steamer top. Thinly slice the stem into coins and add with onion to the steamer. D the garlic cloves. Cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.

While the veggies are cooking, dice the ham into 1/4 inch cubes.

Transfer the cooked veggies to your blender with the butter and seasonings. Blend until silky smooth. (hint: Old Bay seasoning is great for this soup). Mince the green leaves and saute in butter until tender; then remove from the heat.

Add the ham to the soup in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes Serve in bowls, garnished with sauteed greens on top.

Seeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I would probably make mine like that, w/o butter or ham, and just add the diced leaves and another vegetable in a small dice (carrots or squash). Sounds good.

I had heard of using cooked cauliflower as a substitute for mashed potatoes. Of course I couldn't be bothered with a recipe, and so was winging it as usual. I steamed the cauliflower until tender, put it into the bladder with a bit of salt, and a half stick of butter. I buzzed it until smooth. It was far to runny for a mashed potato substitute, bu mad a silky, smooth, creamy, and delectable soup.

Over time, I tweaked the soup and came up with this recipe. I hope you like it.

The Chief's Cauliflower Soup4

Ingredients:
1 head of Cauliflower, with green leaves removed (save greens)
1/4 onion, sliced roughly
2 cloves fresh garlic
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
1/3 lb. smoked boneless ham
1/2 stick real butter
2 cups water

Place water into a steamer bottom. break cauliflower onto chunks and place into the steamer top. Thinly slice the stem into coins and add with onion to the steamer. D the garlic cloves. Cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.

While the veggies are cooking, dice the ham into 1/4 inch cubes.

Transfer the cooked veggies to your blender with the butter and seasonings. Blend until silky smooth. (hint: Old Bay seasoning is great for this soup). Mince the green leaves and saute in butter until tender; then remove from the heat.

Add the ham to the soup in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes Serve in bowls, garnished with sauteed greens on top.

Seeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

This sounds delicious.

I love mashed cauliflower. You should try it sometime. I make mine with butter, salt & pepper and a little cream or milk, just like I would mashed potatoes.

Back
Top Bottom