Creamy Poblano Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I experimented with a Poblano Soup recipe but changed it up a little and omg, it is so wonderful (ahem if I do say so myself).
First, I melted a 1/2 stick of butter (not margarine).
Then I added 1 cup of heavy cream, 2 cups half & half and 2 cups 2% milk. I whisked the milks into the butter. I then added 4 ounces of a Mexican white cheese (the soft kind that comes in a bottle). I also added 2 chicken boullion cubes and some cubed chicken (about 2 cups) and one can of corn (I used the extra crispy sweet corn).
While that was cooking, I put 1 Poblano pepper-less the seeds, into my food processor. I added (in the food processor) 2 green onions with the greens. 1 large Jalepeno pepper less the seeds. 2 cloves of garlic 1/2 cup chopped red onion, 1 cup chopped celery and blended all of these ingredients into almost a sauce. I added all the blended ingredients to my milk and chicken mixture. I then sliced another Poblano Pepper lengthwise and just removed the seeds then put it in the soup whole. I simmered for about 30 minutes. I topped it with slices of avocado and chedder cheese and it is just to die for.
I'm pretty proud of myself :chef:

Tx,
that sounds fantastic..I've copied and will try it soon. Thank you.

kadesma:)

I think you'll like it. I had a small bowl today for lunch and I'm taking the rest to work on Monday. It's very good.

That sounds right up my alley!! Anything that combines spicy peppers with the artery-hardening goodness of cheese & cream will always be something I'll try.

One question - did you have any problem with the skin on the Poblano, especially since it was processed raw? While I find jalapeno have thin enough skin to eat, I've always found the skin on Poblanos troublesome digestive-wise & so roast & peel them first.

BreezyCooking said:
That sounds right up my alley!! Anything that combines spicy peppers with the artery-hardening goodness of cheese & cream will always be something I'll try.

One question - did you have any problem with the skin on the Poblano, especially since it was processed raw? While I find jalapeno have thin enough skin to eat, I've always found the skin on Poblanos troublesome digestive-wise & so roast & peel them first.

Not at all. I just bought a new food processor (small Cuisinart) and wanted to try it out. I used chop instead of grind and it actually made the poblano pepper/onion/garlic/jalepeno combo on the "soupy" side (if that makes sense). In other words, I really didn't want it that fine, but it actually worked out better I think.

Back
Top Bottom