Delicate chicken broth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustJoel

Executive Chef
I want to make a vey simple, very delicate chicken broth, flavored with leeks, garlic, and ginger. I’ll be using it in a Chinese recipe, and the boxed western broths are just too strong (and some have unfortunate ingredients I’d rather avoid).

I thought that poaching a couple of chicken breasts with the aromatics very slowly might provide a desirable result. Any other ideas?

Last edited:
Just a suggestion: remove the skins and all traces of fat. It'll be more delicate that way. I also make incisions near the bone, if there is one.

di reston

Enough is neveer as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

If there are bones its stock and not broth.

Id slowly poach some thighs. Breasts are flavorless... but maybe that's what you are after.

Have you tried BTB?

If there are bones its stock and not broth.

Id slowly poach some thighs. Breasts are flavorless... but maybe that's what you are after.

Have you tried BTB?

I second the idea for Better Than Bullion also. The paste is far superior to other products and you can use as little or as much as you want to save yourself a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
I have BTB on hand for emergencies but use it infrequently. To me, even the low sodium version is salty. It also includes sugar. WHY do food product companies insist in adding sugar to foods that don't need them? :wacko: Most of the boxed broths/stocks include it. Oy yoy yoy...

...boxed western broths are just too strong (and some have unfortunate ingredients I’d rather avoid)...
Look for "Rachel Ray" broth or stock. After SOME people might call it bland, but sometimes a light flavor is what you need.

Attachments

• 20180328_171015.jpg
    20180328_171015.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 199
Back
Top Bottom