Dolcelatte Croutons - help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bunnysnap

Assistant Cook
Hi,

I do not know if they exist but I would like to make dolcelatte croutons to put in my butternut squash, red pepper and green chilli soup - the soup is lovely but quite sweet and thin. It needs a tang and a crunch to make it perfect! Can anyone help or suggest an alternative please?
Thanks
Ruth

Dolcelatte is an italian blue cheese, or so it says when I googled it. So you want to make croutons that are flavored with this cheese. I don't know the answer but someone will come along to help. Welcome. ~Bliss

Croutons are made of stale bread. "Dolcelate" is a type of Gorgonzola (Italian cow's milk blue) cheese.

If I wanted "Dolcelate Croutons," I would take day old baguette and slice it about 3/4-inch thick, then into large squares. Toast them either in a 350 oven until they are crispy, or toss them in a hot saute pan with olive oil until they are crusty and golden. Let them cool, then spread with softened Gorgonzola, and float them, cheese side up in your soup. Sounds yummy! :chef:

Be careful to get Dolcelate gorgonzola. The other variety is quite a bit sharper.

Be sure to let us know how it turned out. :)

Thank you!!

I would like to say thank you for the replies welcoming me and advising me! I will certainly message back when I have done it.

You are all "soup"er (sorry..)

Ruth x;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom