Good ole Chicken Noodle Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennifer75

Senior Cook
What is a good pasta to use for Chicken Noodle Soup? I don't want something that's going to absorb the broth and get puffy and icky. I want something to maintain it's original cooked texture...something that will keep for a day or two without having to add more broth...is that even possible?

What is a good pasta to use for Chicken Noodle Soup? I don't want something that's going to absorb the broth and get puffy and icky. I want something to maintain it's original cooked texture...something that will keep for a day or two without having to add more broth...is that even possible?
When I make chicken soup, I cook the noodles by themselves, then add them as I serve the soup. If I want the soup a second time i just make more.
I use flat egg noodles.
kadesma

When I make chicken soup, I cook the noodles by themselves, then add them as I serve the soup. If I want the soup a second time i just make more.
I use flat egg noodles.
kadesma

+1. Any noodles will swell, there are some that are some what better than others, but still they will all get big. So i too cook them separate and serve it right into ball. some times if I do cook noodles in the soup I buy the smallest, the thinest noodles available, but even the get pretty big.

i serve my chicken soup with rice that i cook seperately.

I love chicken soup and rice. As the matter of fact i would say this is my all around, all time favorite food, breakfast, lunch or diner, eh, even a midnight snack. I should make some, when I get home.

I guess I'm in the minority. I cook the noodles in the soup because I want them to taste like the soup, not water. I go with smaller noodles so they are manageable on the spoon.

If the soup is too thick because the noodles have soaked up more liquid, I just add a little more broth. I always have chicken and beef broths/stocks either in the freezer or the pantry.

Back
Top Bottom