Goose Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kevin86

Senior Cook
My first attempt at goose soup.

Full goose breast
Carrot
Celery
Bell pepper
Onion
Can of tomato (I like crushed spiced, but your choice)(tenderizer)
Box of Beef broth (I'm sure chicken would be fine as well)
Can of mushroom soup
Noodles
Acorn/Potato Squash (Was going to use regular potatos but needed to use squash and it sweetened it up

BBQ sauce
Steak spice
Garlic
Bay leaf
Honey Garlic sauce

I'm sure a pot will work fine but I'd chop breast first. I used a roast pan for how many breasts I did.

Lay breast in roast dish, chop onion, garlic, top breast with bbq sauce, bite size chunk veggies around pan, dump in tomato, honey garlic sauce, broth, and what ever else you want. Cover breast with lots of liquid and cook low and slow.

After soup is cooked it is good as is but I cooked and added macaroni. Another option is adding a can of mushroom and whisking until creamy helps bring the tastes together the mushroom soup also mellows the taste and soften the goose some.

Is this a goose you shot?

I love shredded goose meat in saurkraut and caraway seeds. It's a CZ dish my father made with some geese I shot.

This one time I made stew with mud hen breast and it looked and smelled wonderful but the mud hen tasted horrible. My Lab loved it mixed with his dog chow so nothing went to waste.

Is this a goose you shot?

I love shredded goose meat in saurkraut and caraway seeds. It's a CZ dish my father made with some geese I shot.

This one time I made stew with mud hen breast and it looked and smelled wonderful but the mud hen tasted horrible. My Lab loved it mixed with his dog chow so nothing went to waste.

My buddy shot it I just did the stove work

Back
Top Bottom