ISO Turkey Soup Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shellygloo

Assistant Cook
Hi...boiling the bones from the t-day turkey now...any ideas for a great turkey soup? I have the leftover gravy to add as well...Thanks!:huh:

Toss some in! Don't forget the onions, carrots and celery. MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! I am envying you!

Currntly making turkey stock here. The mostly picked clean carcass goeas into the slow cookewr with some celery and garlic, cover with cold water, turn it on and off it goes.

We'll let it go overnight and then freeze it for later use tomorrow.

John

Actually, after waking up this morning and smelling the stock in the kitchen, I've been thinking about turkey soup all day now.

Just add in some diced veggies (Although after last wednesday, that's sheila's job for a while - but that's another story), garlic, some extra turkey and maybe a can of chicken broth for more volume, and off we go! Maybe even go crazy and add some noodles!

Mmm.... Perfect for a cold and rainy day..

John

I've gotten into the habbit of roasting some garlic before hand and adding massive amounts of it to my chicken and turkey soups - it is so wonderful that way! I also love making turkey soup with wild rice and wild mushroom (or cultivated if you can't get ahold of any wild ones) - yummers :)

I like some fresh veggies in my soup...cauliflower is great in turkey soup, as are carrot discs, green beans, lima beans, rutabaga dice, onion or green onion, celery, corn and peas may be frozen), ... think of a potato gnochi as dumplings! so good!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom