ISO Turkey soup recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a basic throw all the bones in a pot, simmer for 4 hours stock that rocked. After it was simmered for 4 hours, I added carrots, celery, the turkey, a can of stewed tomatoes, and a half box of barley. It was great.

Last edited:
I left the pot with bones on the stove over night, so basically just like your crock pot. I put everything in at the same time, let it boiled first then turn the heat way down and let it cook for almost18 hours.
Potato, carrots, finely chopped onion, chopped garlic, and some elbow noodles (I would have preferred rice, but did not have any), can of green peas, can of diced tomatoes, seasoning to taste. My taste calls for garlic salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, dry parsley and dry dill. I do not have recipe per se. Just eye ball(sp?) it. I had quite a large pot, 20 quarts, and so there was a lot of stuff. I wouldn’t put noodles into crock pot.

I don't have a recipe per se. I just throw the carcass in a pot, add onions, celery, carrots, some thyme and let it simmer until all the meat falls off the bones. I remove the bones and freeze it until I'm ready to make it into "real" soup with the addition of cubed potatoes, frozen peas, fresh sliced mushrooms, homemade noodles and whatever else tickles my fancy.

Turkey Soup Recipe

Thanks so much for your ideas, thats kind of where i was going I just wanted to hear from you guys!!

CHARLIED: I don't think I would recommend putting a pot on the stove and leaving it unattended overnight. This is a dangerous thing to do. Crock pots are another matter. They're designed to be left alone and have an automatic shutoff should there be a problem. If you have a gas range, and the flame goes out during the night, you have big trouble.

I don't have a recipe per se. I just throw the carcass in a pot, add onions, celery, carrots, some thyme and let it simmer until all the meat falls off the bones. I remove the bones and freeze it until I'm ready to make it into "real" soup with the addition of cubed potatoes, frozen peas, fresh sliced mushrooms, homemade noodles and whatever else tickles my fancy.

That's exactly what I do. We're having turkey noodle soup for dinner tonight.

BC

CHARLIED: I don't think I would recommend putting a pot on the stove and leaving it unattended overnight. This is a dangerous thing to do. Crock pots are another matter. They're designed to be left alone and have an automatic shutoff should there be a problem. If you have a gas range, and the flame goes out during the night, you have big trouble.

Thank you for your consideration, but unfortunately I've never seen 24 quart crock pot. Would have been nice though, I agree. ;)

poultry bones need no more than 3 or 4 hours to extract their flavor. extra time makes the broth cloudy but not tastier. Root veggies and arromatics, (carrots parsnips onions and celery parsley bay leaf) all add to the flavor. Once the broth is made, strained and seasoned, cook whatever stuff in it you like. I like noodles, escarole, and cauliflower, as well as carrots sting beans and the turkey meat. Tarragon is my herb of choice. But as you see on this thread, there are tons of variations, all look real tasty.

No problem CharlieD!! I love mine. I use it to make my VAT of chili every year and for my superbowl parties. It was less than most of the crock pots out there and surprisingly easy to clean because the pot removes. I highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom