ISO Zuppa Toscana

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Dave,
I don't have the Olive Garden recipe, but I did a Google search and found this version of the soup..Maybe you could play around with this and see if it is what you're looking for.
Zuppa Toscano

kadesma

SierraCook said:
Dave, I did a search on google and found quite a few recipes. Look there and hopefully you will find a recipe that is what you are looking for. I looked at a few of them and they all looked similar.

Here a recipe to get you started. Good luck!!

Zuppa Toscana
This one looks great too SC. I hope Dave is going to have a great time looking at all these recipes. Good seeing you SC..Hope all is well.
kadesma:)

I make those recipes all of the time. It's great because if you like more sausage, you just add more sausage. My friends invite themselves over whenever I make Zuppa...

-Brad

Here's my recipe for a very similar soup. In fact, I think the only real difference is that I don't use cream in this Portuguese version.

PORTUGUESE KALE & TURKEY SAUSAGE SOUP

One medium onion, peeled & chopped
One pound of kale, de-ribbed & roughly sliced/chopped
1-1/2 quarts or so of chicken stock (if not homemade, I usually use one carton + one can of Swanson's)
Two medium potatoes, peeled & diced -OR- two cans of cannelini/white kidney beans, rinsed **
One package (usually 12 to 16 ounces) turkey kielbasa sausage, sliced
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

In a large soup pot add enough olive oil to coat the bottom & saute onion until starting to soften, but not brown. Add sliced sausage & continue sauteeing until everything is just starting to brown a little. Add chicken stock & diced potatoes (if using) & simmer until potatoes are tender - about 15 minutes or so. Add kale & continue cooking until kale is tender. (** if using beans instead of potatoes, add chicken stock & bring to a simmer. Add kale & cook until tender; then add beans & stir gently until beans are just heated thru.) Add salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste & serve.

Back
Top Bottom