Mock Italian Wedding Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
1 pot chicken stock with meat
couple handfuls of fresh spinach (chiffonade)
1 cup frozen mixed veggies
1 handful (or to taste) parmesan cheese
pasta (I used acini di pepe)

Holy cow is this good. I made chicken soup earlier in the week for all the colds that cam floating through the house and when I wanted lunch I thought it looked boring. So I started rummaging in the pantry. I tossed in the acini di pepe while the soup was simmering and it sucked up a fair bit of juice, that looked better. Then I remembered I didn't use all the spinach for that salad last night...in that went. Only about 1 cup of frozen mixed veggies left in the freezer...that won't do for a dinner...toss! Then I looked at it and realized it was just missing the parmesan. Ta Da! It really hit the spot today so I thought I'd share.

sounds very good. i have not see acini di pepe in my grocery store. is it common where u are. i'm thinking it would be super in a pasta salad. don't like to get a larger bland pasta in salad.

babetoo, acini di pepe is only found in our Italian center market. Its a wonderful size for soups and salads I just love it! I think I'm going to be using it a lot. You can use any little pasta you like though.

And yes, Bugs is my daughter, I really need to update my picture files, she is 15 now and growing faster. My younger daughter actually does a lot of cooking, but is more interested in Facebook than in DC. :rolleyes:

sounds delicious, alix. i may try it for dinner. you sold me with the parmesan! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom