Ms. Mofet's Creamy Turkey (or Chicken) Confetti Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Ms. Mofet's Creamy Turkey (or Chicken) Confetti Soup

Amounts depend on how much soup you want to make and how thick you want it to be.

• Turkey stock (or chicken stock) - canned or Homemade
  • Original Uncle Ben's Wild and white rice (seasoning pack NOT used)
  • Cooked Turkey (or chicken) (I roasted a turkey & used leftover turkey for soup) - chopped small
  • Bacon - cooked, drained and crumbled (some dripping may be used for the fat in the roux
  • Scallions (green onions) - cleaned well and chopped, greens included
  • Pimiento stuffed green olives - chopped fine
  • Chives - chopped
  • Salt
  • Ground peppercorns
  • Turkey (or chicken) gravy ( I used leftover turkey gravy from the turkey dinner) - optional

1. Cook the rice in the stock till tender (approx. 20 - 30 minutes).
  2. Add remaining ingredients. Add more stock if necessary after rice is cooked till you have desired amount of soup.
  3. Simmer an additional 5 - 10 minutes.
  4. Then add the creamy part of soup.(For the creamy part follow recipe below)
To make the cream part of soup:

• Flour
  • Butter (or a combo of butter and bacon fat)
  • 1/2 and 1/2
  • Salt
  • Ground peppercorns
  1. Cook flour in butter (equal amounts of each) for 1 - 2 minutes.
  2. Add enough 1/2 & 1/2 to make a very thick mixture. Add salt and ground peppercorns to taste.
  3. Cook for about 1 minute stirring.
  4. Then add to the soup. Stir well and gently simmer for 5 minutes. DO NOT BOIL OR YOU RISK BREAKING THE CREAM.
(Sorry I don't have exact measurements as I made this recipe up. But the only part you need to worry about is the cream part and you can always make more and add it to soup till you get it the way you like it. Start off small and add more if necessary. Add more stock or milk or cream or 1/2 & 1/2 or a combo if to thick.)

img_1487384_0_3147d3943058159119f3d9993ecc3151.jpg

Thank you, Msm. I do love a cream of chicken (or turkey) soup. Looks and sounds delish! :yum:

Thank you. It's a terrible picture. I'll try to get a better picture next time I make it.

Hi MsM. I made a version of your soup with what I had on hand tonight and promised you a report.
Some changes I made were using TJ's Brown Rice Medley (love that stuff) and instead of scallions I used shallots. The olives were eliminated but I added celery, mushrooms and grated carrot. I used fresh thyme and a Tbs. of Soy Sauce with a few shakes of Fish Sauce for the Unami quality. I had a box of TJ's shelf stable heavy cream, and I just used that after tempering it with some hot broth.
It was wonderful, and thanks again for the inspiration.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom