Mushroom soup-first try

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I have this simmering and it smells lovely..A quick taste and I like it and will make it again. It's creamy, smooth feeling on your tongue...
You melted a stick of butter and added 2 cups of sliced green onions tops and bottoms.Cook about 20 min on low heat covered. Don't brown the onions stir in about 3 Tab. flour and cook a minute then add in 5 c. chicken stock reduce heat and simmer with a cover partially on for 10-15 min. Add 3/4c. fresh chopped mushrooms and cook 5-6 min. then puree in a blender if you want it nice and smooth..Return to the pot and add a cup of heavy cream and 1/4 c. dry sherry...If you want to fancy it up you can add some shaved mushrooms to the bottom of each bowl before you add the hot soup,,,Enjoy I'm going to very soon.
kadesma:)

Sounds great, cj. I looooove mushroom soup. I'm glad our weather is kind of cooperating enough for me to entertain the thought of soups and stews.
Thanks Katie,
it turned out really nice, smooth and creamy and a great curl up,sip and ejoy type of soup.

I have this simmering and it smells lovely..A quick taste and I like it and will make it again. It's creamy, smooth feeling on your tongue...
You melted a stick of butter and added 2 cups of sliced green onions tops and bottoms.Cook about 20 min on low heat covered. Don't brown the onions stir in about 3 Tab. flour and cook a minute then add in 5 c. chicken stock reduce heat and simmer with a cover partially on for 10-15 min. Add 3/4c. fresh chopped mushrooms and cook 5-6 min. then puree in a blender if you want it nice and smooth..Return to the pot and add a cup of heavy cream and 1/4 c. dry sherry...If you want to fancy it up you can add some shaved mushrooms to the bottom of each bowl before you add the hot soup,,,Enjoy I'm going to very soon.

Mmmmmushrooms. :) Sounds yummy. We must be on the same mushroom wavelength. I planned on picking up some shrooms for this quick pasta dish (w a salad) for dinner soon:
Mushroom Linguine

But, your soup sounds so good, I may make yours instead -- when the temps fall below 90. :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing.:chef:

The weather in my country is consider hot, very hot!
but it doen't mean that I can't make it right??
cos i love mushroom and your recipe sound delicious & easy to make.
But is it ok if i'm not using the dry sherry?

Mmmmmushrooms. :) Sounds yummy. We must be on the same mushroom wavelength. I planned on picking up some shrooms for this quick pasta dish (w a salad) for dinner soon:
Mushroom Linguine

But, your soup sounds so good, I may make yours instead -- when the temps fall below 90. :rolleyes: Thank you for sharing.:chef:
Your welcome Amy, I'm off to check out your mushroom linguine recipe..Thanks in advance, we love pasta and mix in some muchrooms, welll, heaven:LOL:
I'm sure it will be made very soon, I'm getting bitten by the let's cook bug...
kadesma

Thank you! I froze lots of turkey stock, so I'll use that!! It's cold, windy and rainy here, perfect food for the weather!
You're welcome,
turkey stock sounds yummy for this...Hope you enjoy if you get the chance... Thanks for a new idea..

The soup sounds great. I also printed out the Mushroom Linguine recipe. Can't wait to try both. Kadesma, it's good to know that you are getting back into the swing.

The soup sounds great. I also printed out the Mushroom Linguine recipe. Can't wait to try both. Kadesma, it's good to know that you are getting back into the swing.
Thanks Lynda, it feels so good to sit here and be able to join in.
Glad you like the soup idea and that linguine recipe does look yummy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom