On a broth kick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A yummy soup, one of what I like to call an essence soup. This one is pure umami delight.

Mushroom essence soup, to be served as an appetizer.

1/2 lb. cremini mushrooms, sliced
2 cups water
2 tbs. soy sauce
1/4 ts. ground ginger

Place mushrooms into the water and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove mushrooms and save for other recipes. Add soy sauce and ginger. Taste and add more ginger, or soy sauce to taste. You can put some diced mushrooms in if you feel it necessary. This soup is a great appetizer, or is very good as an au jus with roast beef, I love it as a pure essence soup, as an appetizer. It just wets the appetite for the main course, without filling you up. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I have a small, floppy, silicone muffin pan from the dollar store. It's useless for muffins. But, I put it on something flat and fill the muffin holes with stock and freeze that. Then I pop them out and keep them in a large plastic jar in the freezer. Each muffin hole holds about 50 ml, so it's quite handy. I grab as many frozen stock "pellets" as I think I will need.

That’s smart

Just bagged and froze 5 quarts of chicken Jell-O. Plenty of goodness for soups this winter.

Back
Top Bottom