Ruben soup help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jabbur

Master Chef
I found a recipe for ruben soup and have it simmering on the stove. It is fairly simple with onions, garlic powder, kielbasa, cabbage, noodles and chicken broth. I added pepper but it still needs some zing. I'll be adding swiss cheese just before serving but I don't think that will be enough flavor. I'm thinking of adding some celery seed and parsley flakes. Any other suggestions?

Reuben sandwiches usually have sauerkraut and are on rye bread, so maybe add some caraway seeds if you have them? I would add sauerkraut too, for the tartness. I have never had Reuben Soup but it sounds interesting. I saw a recipe for a Reuben Casserole once that I would like to try as well.

:)Barbara

I added the parsley flakes and celery seed like potato salad (didn't have caraway seeds). Added more pepper and some sea salt and that helped. I thought about adding vinegar but didn't at first. We have some left over so may try adding vinegar to that to experiment. It already had cabbage in it but next time I think instead of cabbage to add sauerkraut. I made grilled ruben sandwiches to go with it and dinner was enjoyable. Thanks for the suggestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom