Score!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I went to the Secretary of State today to renew my car registration and get my drivers license renewed. While walking up to the door, I noticed some very large mushrooms growing in the lush lawn outside the building. I checked them after getting done what had to be done and found 1 very large field mushroom (about 10 inches diameter), 1 slightly smaller mushroom, and about 5 more mushrooms larger than the button mushrooms you'd buy in a store. The caps were white and the gills were pink. This is a variety of perfectly safe and edible wild mushrooms around here that have wonderful flavor. I now am the proud owner of three batches of home made condensed mushroom soup of amazing flavor. Oh how I love wild mushrooms.:mrgreen: It makes spending 135 bucks for the privilege to drive a little (tiny bit) easier to swallow.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Last edited:
Congratulations! That is a find. I have not had fresh wild mushrooms since my grandfather and great-uncles all passed away. They and my dad new how to pick the right one. Unfortunately I wasn't interested in learning when I was younger and now they are all gone. I still remember the beet soup made with wild mushrooms that was served every Christmas.

Great! Now you need to keep an eye on it! Around here people will their wild asparagus patches and won't tell anyone about them.

Congrats GW but mushrooms on a lawn make me really nervous, I'm glad you know what you are doing. This brings back a very old memory of my 2 yr old son helping himself to lunch in our yard. I called his doctor, and he wanted him into the ER to have his stomach pumped!! Not a pleasant memory for child or mommy. :(

Very nice find, GW. I remember on day at school our Chef brought in five different varieties of wild mushrooms he had collected on a weekend hike. After a lesson in what to look for, we turned them into the most awesome mushroom tarts I have ever tasted.

If mushrooms were the only food left on the earth I would never go hungry! :pig:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom