She'll be Comin' Round The Mountain When She Comes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Bet you ca't guess what I'm making for dinner tonight, "She'll be riding three white horses when she comes.

hmmmm. Let's see. This will include salt and pepper, sage, ginger, 1/2 a chicken plus the carcass, celery, carrot, and biscuit dough/ Well, did you guess fried chicken with biscuits and gravy? If you did, then ding, ding, you're wrong.

However, if your though that I am making hot open-faced turkey sandwiches, it your are still wrong.

Ok, you are all smart people, and so knew I am making chicken and dumplings. It's going to be soooo good. The carcass is cooking, with some veggies, all to be strained out and discarded. The meat will be diced and added to the sop during the last 5 minutes of cooking time. It's already cooked and seasoned. I love chicken and dumplings.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

What's not to be chipper about? I can still play in my kitchen; I have ;ots of things to keep me busy; I'll soon start tying flies again; my family loves me; I have such true friends here on DC; etc. Just because I have a ways to go to get back to full strength doesn't mean it's not going to happen. And before too long, I'll be able to start putting full weight on my left foot again. Then watch me go. Adversity is given to us to help us grow stronger, not to drag us down. O am alive, and I can be an example to others, and help others. What more can a person ask for than that/:D

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Epic failure. Epic sucess. I was hungry for a soup made from a rich stock, with carrots and peas, and onions, with just the right seasonings, all topped with tender, fluffy dumplings. I made y biscuit batter too loose by ing taddoo much water, Instead if steaming into dumplings, the batter dissolved into the soup, leaving me with no broth.Now fir the good news; what I got was a silky-smooth sauce that was the perfect consistancy, flavor, and with the tender and juicy chicken meat added to the soup bowl so it would maintain full flavor, this is still delicious, and I now have the perfect technique for making homemade pot pie filling. So though I failed tonight at chicken and dumplings, I am still rewarded with a great tastin bowl of chicken stuff, and I know how to mkae the perfect filling for homemade pot pies. All I can say is - :yum:

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

LOL... I accidentally did that once many moons ago. We were all too hungry to care that the dumplings weren't 'dumplings' per se. The taste was there and it was great.

But what an excellent idea for pot pie filling - Thanks again Chief!

Back
Top Bottom