Stuffed Pepper Soup Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Eat everything except the icky skin of the the pepper.

That's why you get a torch like the ones they have at Home Depot and char them outdoors. You can get rid of the skin but still have a pretty stable and strong pepper.

That's why you get a torch like the ones they have at Home Depot and char them outdoors. You can get rid of the skin but still have a pretty stable and strong pepper.
You can also char them by roasting under the broiler or on a gas flame, although we don't bother since we don't find the skin "icky" ;)

I like the flavor of peppers, but not actually biting into them.
So, Im one of the ones who uses it strictly as a vessel for the stuffing.
But, the uneaten pepper either goes into the compost or to the chickens to be fed ( which ultimately winds up as compost), so in the end, nothing is wasted.

You can also char them by roasting under the broiler or on a gas flame, although we don't bother since we don't find the skin "icky" ;)

That is what the torch provides, but with better control.;) I can hit every nook and cranny evenly. The snap, crackle and pop is pretty cool too.

Last edited:

You can get rid of the skin but still have a pretty stable and strong pepper.

Not so much under the broiler or even a gas flame, which a lot of people don't have as they have electric stoves. The Home Depot/Lowes torch chars the skin super quick and leaves the pepper flesh pretty much as it was, barely even starts to soften it.

Do I really have to account for every possible permutation of equipment people might have? I was suggesting an alternative, which will work for this purpose btw. I think more people have broilers than have torches. Yeesh.

Last edited:
I usually just pop em on the grill, flip them a few times, and enough of the skin gets off for me. But I've done all of the above mentioned methods, I've even done it on an electric stove top too. Wasn't ideal, but could be filed under the ' if there's a will, there's a way' file :)

I love stuffed pepper soup. I make mine with barley, not rice.

I've never heard anyone say they don't like the skin on a bell pepper; that's a new one for me. The only time I've ever skinned one is when I roast them for bisque or sauce. But I am a textural eater, so I totally get it. I can't bring myself to bite into a shrimp, but grind it up and put it in a stuffing for mushroom caps...yum!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom