Throw it together and Hope It Works Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
DW was taking way too long on a project and it was getting late. So i decided to throw together a soup made from whatever I could find in the fridge that I thought would work. What I came up with turned out very tasty. And as always, when something works, I like to share it.

ingredients:
3 inches of grilled kielbasa
1 Hillshire Farms Cheddar sausage
1/2 cup sliced portabella mushrooms
1 tsp. Better Than Bouillon Beef Soup Base
2 cups water
1/2 cup uncooked Kluski Noodles

Bring the water to a boil. Add the Soup base and mushrooms. Let simmer while slicing the sausage into thin rounds. Add the noodles to the pot. Add the sausage. Let cook at a low boil for ten minutes, or until the noodles are just right (I know, I know, All Dente).

Much of the broth will be absorbed into the noodles. The mushroom flavor is pronounced without overpowering the other ingredients. This soup is thick without the need for added cornstarch, or flour. There are a lot of noodles in it to provide texture, and fill you belly. I added a bit of freshly ground black pepper to m bowl. I am satisfied with this throw-together soup, The smokiness of the grilled sausage really enhances this soup.

If you enjoy the taste of mushrooms, and the flavor of kielbasa, this soups is all you need. Teh beef flavor is light. But the mushroom flavor is great, and is perfectly complimented y the BTB flavor.

Hope this inspires you to make something good from leftovers.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
That sounds awesome. I am going to try that recipe. I never used sausage in a soup before. I love soup.

That sounds awesome. I am going to try that recipe. I never used sausage in a soup before. I love soup.

I brown my sausage separately to render any excess fat then add it to the pot of soup and then let it simmer for a while..
Another thing I do sometimes, depending on the soup I am making, is when browning the sausage, add a tblsp of flour and stir it up well, turn down your heat and let it create a roux, or just a cooked coating on the sausage pieces..I then add this to the soup later and this way the fat doesn't separate and sit on top of the soup..it gets incorporated in with the broth..I use this with tomato based soups like Minestrone, or vegetable soupl, bean soups, or cream soups..soups that don't have a clear broth, basically

Back
Top Bottom