TNT Avocado Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This soup will puzzle guests have them guess the ingredients.;)
peel 3 med. avocados then cut into pieces and put in a blender with 2 cups of chicken stock and 1 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice add salt and ground pepperAdjust broth and grapefruit juice to taste. Chill and then serve cold serves 4-6 enjoy
kades

Thanks, Kades. Approximately how many grapefruit to make 1 cup (I'm thinking 1.5 grapefruit based on the amount of juice I get for breakfast...put I use a crystal wine glass/water goblet and haven't measured how much it holds--better I don't know that for when I'm using it for wine!).

This sounds wonderful. Wondering if I could change the grapefruit juice to lemon and orange to approximate the taste. My medications can't have grapefruit.

Nice mix of flavours here ... ruby red grapefruits are very sweet and would provide a slight sweetness ... Can also work into a gazpacho with 100% hojiblanca olive oil. and a topping of pesto of onion, a touch of cilantro and serrano chili pepper, as it is mild however, flavourful ...

Thanks, Kades. Approximately how many grapefruit to make 1 cup (I'm thinking 1.5 grapefruit based on the amount of juice I get for breakfast...put I use a crystal wine glass/water goblet and haven't measured how much it holds--better I don't know that for when I'm using it for wine!).
it depends on the grapefruit. I've used one and a half, two depends on the size and how easy it is to juice.
kades

This sounds wonderful. Wondering if I could change the grapefruit juice to lemon and orange to approximate the taste. My medications can't have grapefruit.
I have the same problem now. I've stopped the med for 2-3 days and downed the grapefruit when I get desperate but I don't see why OJ and a touch of lemon wouldn't work.
kades

Nice mix of flavours here ... ruby red grapefruits are very sweet and would provide a slight sweetness ... Can also work into a gazpacho with 100% hojiblanca olive oil. and a topping of pesto of onion, a touch of cilantro and serrano chili pepper, as it is mild however, flavourful ...
Hi Margi, red grapefruit I'd never thought of it I'll give it a try. sounds great.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom