TNT Cold Peach Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is a favorite around here not for the kids tho as it has 2 cups of sparkling wine peel 4 ripe peaches remove the pits. Puree in f/p or blender transfer the puree to an enameled saucepan. Add the 2 cups of sparkling wine, I would think 7-up might work for the kids,now also add 1 cup water,1 Tab. sugar, 1/4 tea each of curry and cinnamon and 3 whole cloves.Bring to boil and then simmer stirring 10 min. Remove the cloves and let the soup cool. Chill for at least 4 hours then serve in chilled pretty bowls and garnish with thin slices of orange. serves 4
kades:yum:

Last edited:
Sounds good. You know, I have never made cold soup of any kind. I really haven't ate much cold soup either, but I think I would really like this one. May have to give this a try. Thanks.

Kades: Gorgeous Recipe - Thank you for Posting

:yum: Buon Giorno, Good Morning Kadesma,

What a gorgeous seductive and delightful cold soup ... Just came from Farmer´s Market and bought a 2 kilos of stunner peaches ...

What is most interesting; I had Peach Gazpacho in Aragón, Spain, which is 2 1/2 hours north of Madrid Capital ... The species is called Colanda Peaches, which are specially grown without Fuzz ! This historical method is that the farmers, cover the fruit with paper bags, which reduces the fuzz growth on the fruit ! And thus, are smooth in skin ...

The other Mediterranean Peach producer is Northern Greece.

Of course, we always have Prosecco White Sparkling Wine ...

Thank you for posting.

Kind regards, have lovely August,
Ciao, Margi. :chef:

Last edited:
Kades: Gorgeous Refreshing, Delightful & Aromatic

Thanks, as the Vet and I truly enjoyed your recipe and shall prepare it again for my daughters who are visiting for my younger daughter Nathalia´s birthday on the 21st with my older daughter Naia and the five GC ...

Have lovely August.
Margi. :yum:

English question: why is it called soup, wouldn't it be called compote? And if not what is the difference?

Compote: French dessert with crumbs

Buonasera Charlie,

Good afternoon.

A compote: is a French dessert made with crumbs and fruit

( SEE www.Wikipedia.com/compote )

We truly enjoyed this delightfully refreshing sparkling wine peach beverage, sort of a lite punch ... it is truly lovely and very aromatically fragrant of ripe peaches ...

Have lovely August,
Margi.

English question: why is it called soup, wouldn't it be called compote? And if not what is the difference?
Charlie, I have know idea why it's called soup instead of a compote. I don't get myself into these things. We use spoons so to me it's soup. If someone has any idea post it for me. And Charlie, i'm sorry.
kades

Sounds good. You know, I have never made cold soup of any kind. I really haven't ate much cold soup either, but I think I would really like this one. May have to give this a try. Thanks.
I don't have cold soup often, but I like this one. Hope you will too.
kades

Charlie,

www.freedictionary.com/soup

Charlie, it is not really according to definition as it is not made from meat, vegetables or poultry or fish. However, it does contain the pieces of the fruit ... The thing is, I would of called it a GAZPACHO because of the Sparkling Wine ...

A punch: it is not eaten with a spoon ... it is drunk from a glass or stemware.

Hope this assists.

Margi.

I don't care what it's called, I am definitely gonna make this! :yum:

Thanks Ma!

still makes no sense. You see some fruit things sold in a jar and it is called compote. To me if it is dessert it is compote, if it is food then it is soup/gaspacho. No big deal.

CharlieD said:
still makes no sense. You see some fruit things sold in a jar and it is called compote. To me if it is dessert it is compote, if it is food then it is soup/gaspacho. No big deal.

This might not be correct terminology, but I remember my grandma and her friends putting fruit in crocks with sugar so it fermented, and sharing it with others, who added their own fruit to the starter. They called it fruit compote, and served it over ice cream. As I recall, I didn't care for the stuff, but it was always around! It kept growing out of the crock.

I wonder if the difference might be that compote is served over stuff, and soup stands alone.

Last edited:

Think cold Borscht or Vichyssoise. You've had tomato soup. Tomato is actually a fruit. (BTW you can have cold tomato soup w/ vodka & topped w/ scallops or cold shrimp.) Just an example.

You can have anything with vodka. As long as there is enough of it, (which really is never enough) cold, or hot. Tomatoes though technically fruit have been treated as vegetable for a very long time. And to be honest with you I would only be able to eat cold tomato soup with vodka, and there better be a lot of vodka too, because to me cold tomato soup is extremely disgusting thing. ;)

CharlieD said:
you an have anything with vodka. As long as there is enough of it, (which really is never enough) cold, or hot. Tomatoes though technically fruit have been treated as vegetable for a very long time. And to be honest with you I would only be able to eat cold tomato soup with vodka, and there better be a lot ofvodka too, becasue to me cold tomato soup is extremely disgusting thing.

:LOL: And that would be a Bloody Mary!

Anyway, I froze some peaches whole, as DH overbought. Am hoping the recipe will work with frozen peaches?

Last edited:
:LOL: And that would be a Bloody Mary!

Anyway, I froze some peaches whole, as DH overbought. Am hoping the recipe will work with frozen peaches?
I don't see why not. It is soup you know and frozen works just fine.:yum:
ma

Kades: How is your Neck today ?

;) Hope that you are having a speedy recovery ...

I had quite a few fresh Greek peaches left over, and thus, prepared a lovely sautéed monkfish with evoo, leek, zucchini, lemon, Muscatel semi sweet white wine, peaches & a touch of mint ...

This recipe was posted in February where I had prepared it with Scorpio Fish ( cabracho in Spanish ) which is a bright coral Red armored as in The Knights in shining armor, fish that is said to be destructive to coral reefs.

However, this fish is common in Mediterranean waters in January and February and is primarily used to prepare Terrines with it in Spain; however, the flesh is white and stunning ...

Thanks again for your Peach Gazpacho and feel better !

Margaux. :cool::rolleyes:;)

Bellini Cocktail: from Harry´s Bar - Venecia

Firstly, let us not confuse a famous long standing bar in Venecia with any members who happen to have been named with the same 1st name on D.C.

A bellini is a chilled Prosecco white sparkling wine with lemon juice, fresh peach juice and sugar ... it is quite famous throughout Veneto ...

Here is the recipe for the cocktail ...

Harry´s Bar, In Venice: Cocktail Bellini ...

1.5 pounds very ripe peaches peeled and chopped finely
2 tblsps. fresh lemon juice
1 tblsp. sugar
750 ml. Bottle Prosecco DOC designation Veneto Sparkling white wine

Combine all in a blender with crushed ice and serve in large stemware glass ...

Enjoy.
Margi. :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom