Tomato 4 Bean Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snip 13

Master Chef
Hi All :)
I made this soup a while back and it turned out very well so I thought I'd share it.

Roughly what I did :LOL:

2 large leeks finely sliced
2 large carrots grated
4 celery sticks finely sliced leaves and all.
1 cup of cooked black eyed peas
1 cup of cooked barlotti beans
1 cup of cooked butter beans
1 cup of cooked red kidney beans
4 ripe tomatoes chopped
1 jar or tin of tomato puree (not paste)
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
2 tsps of paprika
1 small bunch of fresh parsley chopped
Chicken stock or broth to cover

In your soup pot lightly fry leeks, carrots and celery in a bit of olive oil till translucent. Add stock and all ingredients but the parsley. Simmer gently till all the veggies are tender. Add parsley and simmer 5 more mins.

P.S I cook and freeze my dried beans but tinned would work fine. Add salt and pepper to taste if stock needs it.

Last edited:
Hi All :)
I made this soup a while back and it turned out very well so I thought I'd share it.

Roughly what I did :LOL:

<Recipe>.

That sounds simply yummy, Odette! Being a creamed soup person, I would add a couple generous tablespoons of sour cream after blending it with some of the stock. Maybe even thicken it a tad....or not!

Bravo! :pig::pig::pig::chef:

just got back from the farm with two bushels of tomatoes (I make my own sauce for the year) so I will try this soup this weekend! thanks

That sounds simply yummy, Odette! Being a creamed soup person, I would add a couple generous tablespoons of sour cream after blending it with some of the stock. Maybe even thicken it a tad....or not!

Bravo! :pig::pig::pig::chef:

Oh no, please don't turn it in to baby food :LOL:
The sour cream is nice swirled in at the end or add some cooked shrimp!

Back
Top Bottom