"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Soups, Stews & Casseroles > Soups
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2021, 03:04 PM   #1
Certified/Certifiable

Turkey Carcass Soup

We had half of a turkey, plus the back meat left over from a pallet-grill roared turkey. I removed as much meat from the carcass as possible, both white, and dark, and got a gallon freezer bag jam packed with meat. Another quart bag was filled after boiling, the pocking the bones. All of the skins, cartilage, and bones went into a ceramic Dutch oven, with enough water to cover. I broke up the carcass so it would fit, just barely.
I covered and simmered for one hour. It was very late, and so I placed the Dutch oven into a 185; oven and went to bed. After6 hours of sleep, I got up and checked the carcass. There was lots of broth. I strained the broth, and out it back into the pot. I removed all of the meat from the bones, and out it back into he pot. I got about a cup of turkey meat. The skins went into my blender, with a half cup of water. After blending until silky smooth, it was added back to the pot, along with another cup of turkey meat originally picked from the bones. That's the prep. Now for the soup.
Oh, and I will remove half of the liquid as broth for future meals.

Turkey Soup

Ingredients:
3 cups turkey stock
2 ribs fresh celery, roughly chopped
2 medium white onions, peeled and roughly chopped
2 carrots, peeled and sliced into small slices
1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and chopped
2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped into the broth
2 cups turkey meat
2 tsp. salt, or to taste
1 tsp. black pepper

Add the chopped/sliced veggies, and seasonings. Let simmer for 1 hour. Add the turkey meat and simmer for 30 minutes more. Add 1 pkg. Kluski egg noodles. Simmer until noodles are tender.

The flavor of this soup is rich, and with plenty of collagen dissolved from the bones, it has a viscous mouth feel This came out really good.

The bowl of soup picture was taken after the boodles were added'

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turkey soup 4.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	48029   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210731_133849.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	48030  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chicken Soup.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	48031  

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- https://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:33 PM   #2
Master Chef

Looks beautiful, Chief!

Tags
recipe, black pepper, carrot, celery, onion, salt, soup, thyme, turkey, water

Turkey Carcass Soup We had half of a turkey, plus the back meat left over from a pallet-grill roared turkey. I removed as much meat from the carcass as possible, both white, and dark, and got a gallon freezer bag jam packed with meat. Another quart bag was filled after boiling, the pocking the bones. All of the skins, cartilage, and bones went into a ceramic Dutch oven, with enough water to cover. I broke up the carcass so it would fit, just barely. I covered and simmered for one hour. It was very late, and so I placed the Dutch oven into a 185; oven and went to bed. After6 hours of sleep, I got up and checked the carcass. There was lots of broth. I strained the broth, and out it back into the pot. I removed all of the meat from the bones, and out it back into he pot. I got about a cup of turkey meat. The skins went into my blender, with a half cup of water. After blending until silky smooth, it was added back to the pot, along with another cup of turkey meat originally picked from the bones. That's the prep. Now for the soup. Oh, and I will remove half of the liquid as broth for future meals. Turkey Soup Ingredients: 3 cups turkey stock 2 ribs fresh celery, roughly chopped 2 medium white onions, peeled and roughly chopped 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into small slices 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and chopped 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped into the broth 2 cups turkey meat 2 tsp. salt, or to taste 1 tsp. black pepper Add the chopped/sliced veggies, and seasonings. Let simmer for 1 hour. Add the turkey meat and simmer for 30 minutes more. Add 1 pkg. Kluski egg noodles. Simmer until noodles are tender. The flavor of this soup is rich, and with plenty of collagen dissolved from the bones, it has a viscous mouth feel This came out really good. The bowl of soup picture was taken after the boodles were added' Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North 3 stars 1 reviews