Tuscan Vegetable Soup, my way.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
Tuscan Vegetable Soup

1lb. dried Cranberry Beans
soaked and cooked in 10 cups water with 1 large Bay Leaf, 1/2 t Sage, 1/2 t Thyme, 1 T Parsley and 1 T chopped Garlic, Salt and Pepper to taste.

1 cup medium Onion, 1/2 cup Celery and 1 cup Carrots finely diced. Saute in 1 (or more) T Olive Oil. Add 1/2 t Thyme, 1 t crushed Rosemary, 1t Basil, 1 t chopped Garlic, Salt and Pepper to taste. Combine with the beans and broth and add 1 15 oz. can Salt Free Tomatoes. Simmer, partially covered for until all the vegetables are soft. Add thawed and drained chopped Spinach. Heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. View attachment 12302View attachment 12302View attachment 12302

Last edited:
Tuscan Vegetable Soup

1lb. dried Cranberry Beans
soaked and cooked in 10 cups water with 1 large Bay Leaf, 1/2 t Sage, 1/2 t Thyme, 1 T Parsley and 1 T chopped Garlic, Salt and Pepper to taste.

1 cup medium Onion, 1/2 cup Celery and 1 cup Carrots finely diced. Saute in 1 (or more) T Olive Oil. Add 1/2 t Thyme, 1 t crushed Rosemary, 1t Basil, 1 t chopped Garlic, Salt and Pepper to taste. Combine with the beans and broth and add 1 15 oz. can Salt Free Tomatoes. Simmer, partially covered for until all the vegetables are soft. Add thawed and drained chopped Spinach. Heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. View attachment 12302View attachment 12302View attachment 12302
Sounds good and looks easy :LOL: Just my thing. Thanks.
kades

Thanks, I agree on storing herbs, with just the two of us it's hard to use up fresh all the time.

Well, then you might as well use dried to begin with!! I need my freezer space for all of the other food I like to keep on hand.

Frozen herbs are a lot more like fresh herbs, than like dried herbs. They don't take a lot of space in the freezer.

What do you do when you buy fresh herbs and don't use them up right away?

I freeze some, others I put in the dehydrator and dry. Some, however, you can keep in a container of water--they will root. Mint is one, basil is another. You can extend the "fresh" period for about 3 weeks. I've done this with rosemary as well and it has also rooted, but the plants did not develop enough roots to grow. The wood stem ones don't keep as well in water as the square-stemmed ones.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom