Zucchini Soup TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm doing several soups for use when we all are hot and tired. Since I have a lot of zucchini I plan to make this and serve it chilled.Place 6 small shredded zucchini in a collander, salt and leave for 30 min, In a large soup pot of dutch oven saute 2 finely minced onions and 1 clove minced garlic in 1 tab. oil and 2 tab. of butter til onions are golden.Dry zucchini on paper towels and add to onions and cook over low heat for about 5 min, Add 5 cups of chicken stock or broth and simmer 15 min. Puree soup in blender or f/p Return to pot season with a combination of 2 tabs of lemon juice, salt and pepper marjoram,parsley basil and chives, reheat then serve warm or as I plan to do, cold with bread and butter and more green a salad. Fruit and cheese for dessert.
enjoy,
kades

i just finished a bowl of this while warm. wonderful. the rest is in the fridg. getting cold for dinner. thanks so much. sparked my interest in at least trying to follow this diet.

i just finished a bowl of this while warm. wonderful. the rest is in the fridg. getting cold for dinner. thanks so much. sparked my interest in at least trying to follow this diet.
I'm so please you like it. If I've helped I'm glad and thanks for letting me know
kades

Back
Top Bottom