Chowder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roo_84

Assistant Cook
Hey All,
My Mama made this chicken corn chowder once, I BELIEVE she used a crock pot. Well I LOVED it and at the time lived at home so didn't think to get the recipe. :glare:
So now I'm out and on my own and asked for the recipe, she forgot how to make it and can't find the recipe anywhere! Has anyone got a recipe for anything that sounds similiar?? I remember it had carrots, chicken, corn , and I think cheese. It was de-lish.

*roo*

I am gearing up to make a corn chowder for company and the weekend. I use a large (~2 galloon) stock pot. Don't use a recipe. Start by cooking about 1/2 to 3/4 pound of chopped bacon. Add chopped onions, shredded carrots (or sweet potatoes), minced garlic, diced celery, lotsa celery, some green pepper. When the veggies soften, add chicken broth. Then I add canned potatoes but you can use diced fresh potatoes. Finally I add a quart bag of frozen sweet corn. Add milk at the end. Also salt and pepper, I look at my herbs and spices and add what looks like fun. Seems like I'm missing an ingredient, but generally this is what i do.

Sounds great beth. If the poster wants more specific quantities I Googled chicken corn chowder and got a bunch of hits.

Here is a tried and true recipe that I do quite often...

Chicken Corn Chowder

4 previously grilled split chicken breasts
2-24 oz. Green Giant niblet corn with butter sauce
1½ cup water
10-12 oz. milk (whole or 2%)
½ cup sour cream
1- 8 oz bag casserole cheese or similar
1 tsp chicken bouillon
Salt and pepper to taste

Remove chicken from the bone and discard skin and bones. Shred the chicken with your hands into large bite sized pieces. Set aside. In a large soup or stock pot add the water and bouillon. Stir well. Simmer until heated thoroughly. Add the 2 bags of corn and the chicken. Continue simmering until the butter pieces in the corn are melted stirring occasionally. Add milk and cheese. Simmer for another 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add sour cream. Serve hot. Top with ground red pepper to taste.

If you use the search function and type in chicken corn chowder and then in the user name type in corazon's name you will come up with one that is excellent. I tried it just this week and it got hoovered!

I had THE best Corn Chowder yesterday. Simple, no chicken, just creamy base with corn and potatos. Deeeeeeelish. I'm going to get the recipe (it couldn't be easier than tying your shoes) and I'll post. Did I mention it is deeeeeeelish?

Back
Top Bottom