Chief's Enchilada pie or Taco Lasagna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I'm not going to go on how good this came out. Let's just say that I am now a lover of antelope.

Here's how I constructed this.
Chief's Enchilada Pie (taco lasagna)

Ingredients:
4 0z can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1/2 cup diced onion
1 tbs. ground cumin
1 tbs. chili powder
12 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
12 oz. can whole kernel corn
18 fresh corn tortillas
2 cups large curd cottage cheese
2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
8 oz. can sliced ripe olives, drained
2 lbs. ground antelope (can use lamb, or beef if desired)
2 tbs. cooking oil

Dice onion. Heat oil in large skillet until shimmering. Add onion and sauté over medium heat until softened. Add ground meat, and spices. Stir well, cover, and simmer for ten minutes. Remove lid and break up meat well. Brown until the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.

Pour chipotles peppers, and adobo sauce into a 9 by 11 casserole dish. Mince the peppers and spread evenly over the dish bottom. Place 6 tortillas on top of the peppers and sauce. Place dollops of the cottage chees on top of the tortillas, and spread evenly. Put an even layer of meat over the cottage cheese, followed by black beans, the corn, then black olive slices, and a layer of the shredded cheese. 6 more tortillas goon top, again layering the remaining ingredients evenly on top. one last layer of tortillas, covered by shredded cheese. place into a 350' oven and bake for 20 minutes. Serve with a good salad, and some horchata. Enjoy.

I haven't tried it, but believe this would be great with shredded chicken as the protein.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom