Curry Chicken W/Coconut Milk and Spiced Basmati Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Curry Chicken with Coconut Milk

1 chicken, cut into chunks
1 TBS chili powder
2 TBS curry powder
1 TBS paprika
1 tsp. cumin
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 white onions, chopped
2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
½ cup cilantro, chopped
2 TBS oil
1 bay leaf
1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
1 C coconut milk
3 C water
Salt and pepper to taste

Let me start out first thing by saying I added a lot more curry, cumin, and cilantro – I also garnished after plating with more fresh cilantro. I left out the chili powder but I’m sure it would be good – I was just afraid that it would have a “chili” taste, which I did not want.

Heat oil in big pot and sauté onion and garlic until onion is slightly caramelized. The onion gets nice and sweet when you let it brown a little. This should take about 5-7 minutes.

Add chicken chunks and continue cooking for about 3 minutes. Add all remaining spices and stir for a few minutes. Let this mixture cook until chicken is tender. Add the rest of the ingredients; adjust any seasonings necessary (this is where I always add more cilantro, curry, and cumin) .

For each plate I pack the spiced rice in a 1 cup timbale then place upside down in middle of plate and then do curry chicken around the rice. You can use an ice cream scoop if necessary.

***forgot to say that sometimes I use pineapple chunks in this recipe - I add them during the step that says "Add the rest of the ingredients...just let the pieces heat up.

Spiced Basmati Rice

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom