ISO Lasagna recipe for IBS sufferer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kawarthagal

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,i'm looking for a good lasagna recipe.My other half suffers from IBS (irritable bowel) and really must watch the cheeses.As the pain he suffers afterwards is awful.Tomato sauces are fine with him,as well as most meats in casseroles.
It seems he can handle cottage cheese ,processed cheese slices(thats ok),however all cheddars are out.
Anyone have a decent possibly vegetarian recipe they would like to share?

If he can handle cottage cheese, then I would imagine he could also handle ricotta. If not, cottage cheese can easily be substituted for ricotta. Just leave out the mozarella & use whatever recipe you'd like.

(Oh, & by the way, I have IBS too!!)

Search for my lasagna recipe. I use cottage or ricota cheese, depending on availability. I've posted the recipe couple of times, sorry can't do it right now, busy at work.

There's a veggie lasagna thread going but I think they have a LOT of cheese in them, although it is mozzarella or monterey jack, if that makes any difference.

You can use the cottage cheese or the ricotta. NO mozzarella. No other cheese. How is meat? You can saute beef and add to your tomato sauce.
That is enough. Make a good sauce.

I actually learned to make lasagna with cottage cheese. Use lots of grated parmesan as well, since he does well with hard cheeses. This is something where a recipe isn't going to work all that well, you're going to have to wing it. When you cut so many food categories out of a recipe, you need to learn how to cook without a recipe. I've even made vegan lasagne. Don't ask me how, I don't remember. But I did it. Sitting here today I wonder. No cheese, no meat. What in the heck did I put into that?

Back
Top Bottom