One Dish Meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxy

Senior Cook
One Dish Meal:

2 lbs. ground beef, browned
1 cup chopped onion or 4 T. instant onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. salt, dash red pepper, opt.
1-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup chili sauce or Ketchup
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 pkg. Au Gratin or Scalloped Potatoes-5-1/2 oz.s
2 cups (16 oz.) tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese

Combine all ingredients, except cheese. Bake for 36-40 minutes until the potatoes are done. Last 10 minutes top with the cheese.

Last edited:
I like this recipe, and I will probably make this weekend. One thing myn prefrance is I will
slice the potatoes and boil them until about done. I have had a problem with scallop
potatoes before not getting completely tender. so I remedy that by boiling them ahead of
time. and everything works out ok.

This looks good and easy. I start working on Monday - first time in 11 years - and need to have some dishes that are quick to make. My daughters and I are in bed sound asleep by 7 every night, and me by 7:30, so we will have much more limited time from my work schedule. I'm sure this will be a hit! Thanks! :)

We call them box potatoes at our house, and they're pretty darned good. They are boxed dried potato slices and sauce mix to which you add the milk and butter, then pop in the oven or microwave.

Thanks for the recipe! I'd be subbing ground turkey for the beef, & also might sub cheddar or gruyere for the mozzarella, but does sound absolutely delicious - not to mention fast & easy for a weeknight when dear hubby works late & doesn't hit the steps until nearly 8 p.m.

That does sound good. I'd probably increase the chopped peppers to a total of about a cup of 2 or 3 mixed colors, and maybe add one small hot pepper, too. What size baking dish did you use?

Ooh, I just remembered - we went to a Food and Wine Extravaganza yesterday and bought a bottle of Curry Ketchup. Will have to try it with this :)

Thanks for posting it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom