TNT Sausage Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
  • 1/2 lb mild ground sausage
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 cup diced black olives
  • 1/2 medium onion chopped
  • 1/4 cup celery,
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 6 cups herb seasoned bread stuffing mix
  • 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 1 egg... lightly beaten
  1. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
  2. Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
  3. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain & remove from skillet. Set aside.
  4. Pour any grease from skillet & melt butter.
  5. Add celery & onion and saute until slightly tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the green pepper & garlic and continue to saute until all veggies are tender.
  6. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage, celery mixture, cheese & pepper. Add broth and egg and toss to combine.
  7. Spoon into prepared dish, cover and bake for 35 minutes.
  8. Uncover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned

Last edited:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup celery,
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  3. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain & remove from skillet. Set aside.
  5. Add celery & onion and saute until slightly tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the green pepper & garlic and continue to saute until all veggies are tender.
  6. In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage, celery mixture, cheese & pepper. Add broth and egg and toss to combine.
This sounds yummy VB!! Please post a pic after you cook it tonight.

• 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup celery,
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  5. Add celery & onion and saute until slightly tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the black olives & garlic and continue to saute until all veggies are tender.
I replaced the gr pepper with black olives in the directions

pic3qetvJ.jpg

I make a similar dish but with dried onion and dried celery flakes and no egg. I'll have to try it with the egg next time.

One box of stuffing mix and 1/3 pound of ground sausage is a good ratio. any more meat and it's too much.

It does look very delicious, and something I would take to a potluck, of which there are very MANY in this neighbourhood.

but a question: I don't like to use boxed stuffing mixes. What would this recipe look like with homemade stuffing instead? Guess I'll have to give it a go. My own fav stuffing uses only diced bread, onions, celery and lots of savoury, s&p, and some of the meat juices.

Last edited:
It does look very delicious, and something I would take to a potluck, of which there are very MANY in this neighbourhood.

but a question: I don't like to use boxed stuffing mixes. What would this recipe look like with homemade stuffing instead? Guess I'll have to give it a go. My own fav stuffing uses only diced bread, onions, celery and lots of savoury, s&p, and some of the meat juices.
I'm sure it would look the same. Homemade is always better.

I noticed I corrected the recipe when I posted it, when I added black olives and took out the green pepper. I did add a bit of roasted red pepper, though.

I have made this with homemade stuffing. It was better.
Yeah, homemade stuffing is easy. I can't remember where I found this recipe. I think it was online. I thought black olives were a good substitute for green pepper. The roasted red pepper was mainly added for color.

I like the colors of it. I had never thought to make this 'stuffing' a main dish, but why not?! It's going on my menu list this week, along with a slow-cooker beef brisket I just bought.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom