Cooking pork belly in the slow cooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rev1976

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a good pork belly recipe? I hear you can use a slow cooker to get it really tender. Thanks.

Take the rind of the belly/p cube then fry to brown, put in slow cooker, do the same with raw chorizo picante sausage, fry onion and garlic and sliced red peppers in the fat and tip into the slow cooker with a tin of chopped toms. 8 hrs should do.
Ps if you have an octopus cut it to the same size and add without frying.

Thanks again. I will definitely give it a try. I was thinking of adding some pinto beans. What about liquid? Did you add any stock to it?

I like a spicy pork belly - crush thyme, salt, fennel and coriander seeds and mix with with some olive oil to make a thick paste. Score the skin (quite deeply) and rub in the paste. Make sure it is rubbed in deep to the scores and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.

Place in the slow cooker, skin side up, add a glass of white wine or cider and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Carlos75 said:
I like a spicy pork belly - crush thyme, salt, fennel and coriander seeds and mix with with some olive oil to make a thick paste. Score the skin (quite deeply) and rub in the paste. Make sure it is rubbed in deep to the scores and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.

Place in the slow cooker, skin side up, add a glass of white wine or cider and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

That sounds so lovely, thanks I'm so going to try this! :)

Back
Top Bottom