Help/Advice please re slow cooker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

helxx

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone!

I've just joined this forum to get advice from other slow cooker users. I'm a bit frantic!!! I just got in from work to the beautiful aromas of my beef joint cooking in my slow cooker - yum! I put it in on low, at 8am this morning.

Here's my problem - after looking at my lovely beef - I realised I hadn't put the beef in the actual ceramic pot (that was still on the draining board ) I'd put it into the actual outer heating element pot........I can't believe I've done this. Talk about a blonde moment!!!

I quickly took out the joint, put it in the ceramic pot and poured the juices in. What damage have i done????? Will my slow cooker be ruined? Will the meat be ok to eat? Also I don't think the outer part is washable either is it?

Gutted and thanks for reading, Helen xx

Jeez. Sounds like something I would do. :ROFLMAO:

I am sure your roast is fine--the inside part is steel, isn't it? Might taste a little metallic, but I think it will be ok.

You can wash the inside of the crockpot--you just need to be careful to keep the outside dry, so no water seeps into the innards. I wouldn't fill it with water to soak it--just tip it up on the side, scrub the inside and rinse.

Then--let it dry for a few days (just to make sure there is not water in the electrical part) and try it out again.

LOL! I still can't believe I've done it :wacko: My 9yr old son was freaking out at the blood which is why I tried to get it in there pretty quickly.....

Yes, the inside is like a steel. It looked like it will be pretty hard to get clean. Will probably just get a new one. Just hope the beef is ok to eat...it's Tesco finest - £10!!!!!

Thanks for replying...what a numpty I am :)

We all do something like this at one time or another. I bet the crock pot will be ok if you can scour it clean. If not, at least they are reasonably priced and shouldn't break the bank to get a new one. I hope your meat is good!

This is awesome because I thought I was the only one to have ever done this.. although I noticed immediately and dumped it all into the correct pot. Either way, it makes for a good story! Welcome to DC

Just to update - the beef is to die for!!!!!!! Really amazing and I can't leave it alone!!! :)

This is awesome because I thought I was the only one to have ever done this.. although I noticed immediately and dumped it all into the correct pot. Either way, it makes for a good story! Welcome to DC

I knew I wouldn't be the only one!!! :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to DC! Doesn't sound like somthing I would do, but I can see the DH doing that in a heartbeat. He forgot to put the pan in the bread machine...that was a mess. Good thing it didn't start on fire (since the element is THERE). He has a Ph.D. in Engineering--go figure. Smarter than the average bear (well, for that matter, the average human), but absentminded! I have to remind him to stay in the kitchen when he's boiling water for his tea...can't tell you how many times he has let the kettle boil dry (or how many kettles we've had over the years). I've put labels on all the cupboards and drawers in the kitchen so he can put things in the "right" spots. I got tired of hunting for things he "shoved" in the first open space he found. Since it didn't register where he put "it," asking him "where's the ..." was of no use. "Huh? I don't know. I saw it, but I can't remember where." And the university awarded him a Ph.D. Hmmpf. I love him anyway, but still...he drives me mad sometimes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom