Slow cooker meat sauce with Tortellini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marlene2

Cook
I want to make this recipe for a pot luck supper. It says to add tortellini the last 15 mins to cook. Since I am taking it to a place that does not have kitchen facilities, could I pre cook the tortellini at home and just put it in the slow cooker to heat up just before the supper? The problem is there is a meeting before supper and I am afraid if I put the pasta in at home it will become too soggy by the time we eat.:angel: Thank you.

I want to make this recipe for a pot luck supper. It says to add tortellini the last 15 mins to cook. Since I am taking it to a place that does not have kitchen facilities, could I pre cook the tortellini at home and just put it in the slow cooker to heat up just before the supper? The problem is there is a meeting before supper and I am afraid if I put the pasta in at home it will become too soggy by the time we eat.:angel: Thank you.

I'd re-cook it, put it in a large baggie with a little evoo to keep it from sticking then reheat in the slow cooker. That should work just fine.
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom