Where can I get a slowcooker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AnnieKyung

Assistant Cook
In my country they doesent sell slowcookers. I have tried looking for them at Amazone, but they dont ship electrical artifacts to Norway (where I live). How can I get hold of one, I so much would want to wake up for a nice, hot riceporrige-breakfast. :huh:

AnnieKyung said:
In my country they doesent sell slowcookers. I have tried looking for them at Amazone, but they dont ship electrical artifacts to Norway (where I live). How can I get hold of one, I so much would want to wake up for a nice, hot riceporrige-breakfast. :huh:
Try E-Bay, they have new and used with differant prices. www.ebay.com Good luck ! :)

Exactly why I just ordered mine through amazon.co.uk ... however, I also have someone kind about to visit who'll hand carry it down to me because you're right, they won't ship outside of the U.K.

If you can get one somehow, you'll also have to change the plug perhaps ... but maybe you already know that?

You need to get a slow cooker that will work with the electrical requirements in Norway. In the US, small electrical appliances operate on 110-120 volts of electricity. In Europe and other places, it is often 220 volts. Just changing the plug may not do the trick.

I can get an adapter, its usual here, becaus all of us need it when we go on vacation (out of the border). But Ive been to e bay and walmart, and as far as I can see, they only ship inside US.

Last edited:
I would worry that your adapter would not be heavy duty enough for an electrical appliance like this. Have you looked on amazon.uk?

Andy M. said:
You need to get a slow cooker that will work with the electrical requirements in Norway. In the US, small electrical appliances operate on 110-120 volts of electricity. In Europe and other places, it is often 220 volts. Just changing the plug may not do the trick.

The electrical requirements in Norway are as in all other European countries, i.e., 220. They're 230 in the U.K., but that doesn't require a transformer.

It really is a plug issue: the U.K. electrical appliances have a grounded plug which means it's 3-pronged, so it doesn't fit in the other European sockets. You can change the plug (which an electrical shop should do for very little money) or you can get an adapter with a female end for U.K. plugs and a male end for "normal" European sockets.

Oki I think I can get that transformer/adapterbit fixed in a store, but I still dont know how to get my hands on a slow cooker. Most netshops in US or UK do not ship to Norway.

Back
Top Bottom