Aloha from Hawaii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love2eat

Assistant Cook
I love to eat and I enjoy cooking.
I enjoy exchange ideas about cooking.
I love to explore and find better way to cook ethnic foods.
I enjoy eating out and experiment with different ingredients to make my dishes healthier. They must be low fat, low cholesterol, low sodium, and low carb and yet, tasty.

I grew up in a traditional Chinese family. In Chinese cooking, I find it hard to enhance flavors with lard, MSG, salt, soy sauce, sugar and preservatives. I don't want my children grow up to depend on these additives. I am learning more and more everyday to use vegetable shortening, seaweed, plum sauce and homemade vinegars. I have compiled my recipes at http://www.portaloha.com/recipes. I want to pass down my cooking experience to my children.

I've been to Brazil and Paraguay. I learned the South American style. I am inspired by their stews and soups. Check out my Hawaiian version of Brazilian Bean Soup – Feijõada.

I now live in Hawaii. There are many challenges to find the correct ingredients, as most of stuff here are imported. I also learned to use substitutions. I enjoy this cooking forum. I have learned a lot so far.

Aloha!

So happy to welcome you to DC! :) I fully agree with you in keeping cooking as natural as possible, and also, the challenge that it becomes! Warmest welcome to you!!!

welcome love2eat!! I'm happy you found us.

3.gif

Welcome Home love2eat, We are ever so glad you choose us, Grab your favorite drink and settle down and have some fun. We are so glad to have you ! :chef:

welcome luv2eat!!
aloha noodle lovers, or whatever that was that wasabi said...

thanks for posting the link to your recipes. i love feijoada.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom