Aloha Ka Kou

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Restless N8tiv

Assistant Cook
Aloha Ka Kou (Hello Everyone),

I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I've been a long time "lurker" but now I'm officailly registered. So I guess I'm now part of the DC 'Ohana (family). I grew up in Hawaii (Oahu) and now living in California. Ever since I was a kid, I love to cook. I'm just a guy who loves watching cooking shows and trying out the recipes. I am a big fan of the Food Network. I love to cook ethnic dishes such as Hawaiian, Filipino, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, etc. One thing about cooking is the dishes.......I hate doing dishes:(

Any hoo, just wanted to say "hi". Any one from Hawaii? If so, let's talk story (cooking) la'dat.

Mahalo,
Restless
"the sounds of the ocean soothes my restless soul"

Welcome restless!!!!! I hope you enjoy the site.

Waaaaasaaaaaaabi - where are you????? ....someone here asking about you!!!

Howzit Braddah!

Welcome to da bestest forum on earth. (sorry mainlanders, this is the way locals talk to each other here). I live on the leeward side of Oahu. Nice to see annada kanack hea.

Sistah Wasabi:)

Welcome Restless! Glad you finally came out of the closet and started posting. :LOL:

Welcome Restless,
So glad you've decided to come out of hiding and join us:LOL:

kadesma

Howzit to you too Sistah Wasabi,

I too grew up on the Leeward side of Oahu, Waipahu to be exact. Grew up and went to school there. Man, last time I went back, the town was not the same as it was back in the 80's. There were more pineapple and sugar cane fields back then. Now, there are strip malls and house where the fields used to be. Thinking about the memories is making think about the ono (delicious) plate lunches back home......I think I'll go and fix me up a "loco moco" with two sunny-side up eggs instead of one, oh yeah, a lot of sticky rice!

Restless
"the sounds of the ocean soothes my restless soul"

Waipahu? We related or what? I grew up in Waipahu. Send me a pm, we might know each other.

Lurking.gif

newbie0tr.gif

s006.gif

Hey jkath & texasgirl,

Your curiousity will be fulfilled. I just found out that Wasabi (Aunty, as I now call her) is the mother of a good friend of mine that I went to high school with. I met Aunty once back when I was in high school, that is when I picked her daughter up to go to the Senior Prom. What a small world we live in.

Restless

How cool is that! Restless and my daughter were captains for the cross country team in high school. It blew my mind when we started to pm each other and little by little we got to know how much we had in common. Yes, we are ohana.:)

That is too cool!! To find someone you haven't seen or talked to in a while, here on DC!! You will have fun talking to each other and catching up on each others lives.

Restless and my DD just had their 10th class reunion. It has been a long time. I have to dig in my photos to see if I can find her senior prom pictures, because I don't remember what he looks like.

Back
Top Bottom