Amish Friendship Bread Starter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mary615

Assistant Cook
I have been making Amish Friendship Bread for several years, making my own starter from scratch. I began baking the bread at Christmastime and selling it to friends to earn money to send my Granddaughter to Japan with her Junior High School class. It sold so well that the next Christmas, I did it again; this time for her to go to New York with her class.
Now, she is a Senior and preparing for college, and I am baking again! After a while we run out of friends to buy the bread, and of course, I can't sell it to the public without the proper Health Dept. inspections, licenses, etc.
I need feedback; i.e. opinions about selling the starter. That's the hard part about baking the bread. I would send two cups of starter in separate sealed pouches, along with the recipe for baking the bread. It would go out Priortity mail to be received in 2-3 days to customers. After the customer receives the starter, she could bake the bread immediately, or just throw the pouch in the freezer for later use.
What do you think of my idea???? Many thanks, Mary

Hi Jill and Jolie, what did you think of my idea for selling Amish Friendship Bread starter. Thanks for welcome. Mary615

Back
Top Bottom