Any young people out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheffrankie

Assistant Cook
Hey!:) I was just wondering if there were any people out there that were around my age(17)?

I was interested in cooking from a young age- always helped my mom and gran when cooking, but i got really into it when i got my first Jamie Oliver book- The Naked Chef, on my 14th birthday. I love cooking 'cause i find it very therapeutic- i love cooking when I'm stressed, it helps me to relive some tension. I believe that good cooking only comes when enthusiasm and your soul is put into the cooking. I love it! :mrgreen:

How, why and when did you get interested in cooking?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fran, you'll be happily surprised that we do have some young regulars around here -
masteraznchefjr is 16 or 17, I believe, Russell is 13 and Mitch_the_chef is 14.
There are no doubt more, but it's just after 6AM in California and my brain hasn't quite woken up yet:)

CookinBlondie is around here somewhere too. I think she is around 15 or 16 (please forgive me if I got that wrong CB :) ).

Yes! You're right, GB. 16, I believe. She's probably been quite busy with her schoolwork, so maybe she'll show up when the year's done.

lol Marge.

Our younger members will turn up soon. They love to cook too. Well, we all love to cook. Looking forward to some of your experiences so far and seeing some of your favorite recipes.

Hi there Frankie! I'm 23 (that's still young right?) I became interested in cooking when I got married at 20. Before I was raised on meat and pototaes and canned vegies and mealtimes were never that exciting.

That's WONDERFUL that you've found a healthy, creative way of dealing with stress through cooking! Maybe you'll come out with your own book someday and inspire others as well!

pdswife said:
Does young at heart count??

Maybe. I'm almost 30. But I feel 24. Sometimes my friends don't believe my age.
Try "Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth" by Peter Kelder :)

Back
Top Bottom