Auntie V Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AuntieV

Cook
Hello All!

My Screen name is Auntie V. My name is Vicki but I see there is another Vicki posting so I will stick with Auntie V.

I am currently living with my 84 yo Mom and 94yo Dad as their 24/7 caregiver. Dad is in the very late stages of Alzheimer's and is on at home hospice. Mom has many health problems. She uses a walker and is on O2 all of the time.

About three years ago I packed up my house to storage and moved in with them because they refused to move in with me or move to assisted living.

The first thing I did was take over the kitchen. They had been eating all meals out for over 4 years. (small mountain community with 1 cafe, 1 bar and country store)

I have been cooking full meals since I was 6 years old. My parents owned their own business and it was my job to make the evening meals. I learned the basics from my grandmother.

During my younger days I was a Food & Beverage Manager for a restaurant and lounge and have spent my time in the kitchen behind the grill. My main area of expertice is banquet and event planning so most of my cooking is for large groups. It is a lot more fun cooking for a crowd than just three people.

One of my hobbies is collecting cookbooks. To me curling up with a cookbook is better than a novel any day. Now with the age of the computer, I love surfing the www for recipes.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

AuntieV

Oh my gosh, you have your handsful, Auntie V!

Welcome to DC! Looking forward to having you share some of your favorite recipes with us!

Lee

Big welcome Auntie V!! So glad you found us in your www surfing :chef:Bless your heart for all you are doing for your folks, I know it can't be easy, that takes massive sacrifice and sadly these days many seem to not know what that word means....so it speaks volumes of who you are!:angel:

Hope you find yourself at home here!!

Dee

Its so nice to meet you AuntieV, Grab a cup of your favorite drink and relax with us in your new home. Welcome home :chef:

Hugs and Love,
Maidrite

Attachments

• dog and cats.jpg
    dog and cats.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 172
Hi AuntieV..... I can tell we are gonna like you! I think what you are doing for your parents is great! Welcome to DC sweetie!

Hi, A.V. Glad you found us. With all your caregiving, do not neglect yourself. I know that's easier said than done sometimes. But if only for 10 minutes now and then, come and visit here to take a break. Hope to see you back soon.................

Thank You all for the warm welcome!

The main reason I am here is for a little ME time. I do spend a lot of time on line at night while I am watching Dad. I love baby monitors with a camera.

Since buying my LC2008 I have been organizing some downloaded files and adding my collection of recipes that I was saving in my journal.

I have been searching around some of the forums and trying to get the feel of the community. From what I am seeing I can tell that you are all my kind of people. I like the fact that you have so many different areas to search and how well organized things are. Someone or many have spent a lot of thinking time to set this all up. From what I am seeing you have been around for some time and are a very sharing group. Exactly what I was looking for.

Welcome Auntie V. Having gone through care giving to many times I respect what you are doing it takes a great person and lots of love to do what you are doing. If ever you want to visit just give me a PM and I will respond. In the nean time may G D bless you and keep you

Back
Top Bottom