Butter dust

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italianpastries4u

Assistant Cook
Hi,, I am Lynda originally from PA, VA & now live in Hawaii. It's hard to find ingredients here & I am just getting into cookies using stamps. Have been reading up on Springerle molds & trying to find a recipe to hold the design of a Pfaltzgraff cookie mold that says Dallas Cowboys to send to my daughter in time for Dec 13th when they play the Packers who happen to be her fiancee's team! The sugar cookie recipe it came with doesn't hold the intricate design well enough to then paint them. Oh, & that's the other issue I'm learning about. What kind of frosting to make, what brand of colors to get the best results from & this item called Hartshorn Bakers Ammonia & how that is different than baking powder.... it's endless but rather exciting to learn a new craft. So I have had to nix the idea of using the Springerle cookie dough which makes the most intricate designs look perfect to a shortbread recipe. Now I have found a recipe that calls for Butter Dust! Who has heard of that & where to find it? We have a place here called Chef Zone but they don't carry it & if they did it would be in too great of quanity. Does anyone have any experience with it & where to find it? Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom