Carmelized Balsamic Vinegar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joycem Couch

Assistant Cook
Hello. I'm new to this site and hope someone has a recipe for carmelized balsamic vinegar.

I've had it drizzled over food at two different restaurants. What a treat, and I'd love to make it myself at home.

First let me welcome you to DC. Hope you have a nice time here. As for the caramelized balsamic vinegar recipe, here is the link for it.

You mean a balsamic reduction?

Basic recipe: combine 1 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Bring to a boil then gently reduce until thick and to your desired consistency. Watch the bubbles. As the bubbles start to get larger, the reduction will get thicker and you need to really watch it at that point or else it will burn and/or over-reduce.

i just went to that link, and saw the halloumi cheese with the balsamic vinegar. My question is , what is Halloumi cheese. what is it similar too ? and from what region/ country is it from ??

just curious

larry_stewart said:
i just went to that link, and saw the halloumi cheese with the balsamic vinegar. My question is , what is Halloumi cheese. what is it similar too ? and from what region/ country is it from ??

just curious
larry, halloumi is from Cyprus. It is a slightly chewy cheese that can be grilled easily without melting. I can't think of any cheese resembling its texture.

"Carmelized Balsamic Vinegar" is sort of a misnomer. What it really is is balsamic vinegar added to camelized sugar to make a sauce.

It's one way to fortify a cheaper balsamic vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom