Cooking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riverbraid

Assistant Cook
Hi everybody my name is Harold and am very new to cooking and want some advice about something, I moved into an new flat and am buying cooking items and foods and sorry to tell you but I do not know the difference in the different peppers you buy I want know the name of powder pepper as I know different names like ground pepper I want know name of the pepper powder for adding to foods to season?
Thanks for help.
Yours,
Harold

Last edited:
Welcome to DC.

The pepper that's half of the 'salt and pepper duo' is commonly called black pepper. The scientific name is "piper ingram."

You may also want to consider whole pepper corns and a pepper grinder. Pepper is one of those spices that lose flavor quickly after the pepper corn is cracked. I also have an inexpensive electric coffee grinder that I use only for spices (never coffee).

Ok thanks just found out can get loose -black pepper it is the kind am after thanks for help

Black pepper is sold in much the same way as coffee. You can buy whole peppercorns to grind yourself, or already ground black pepper in fine or course grinds.

CD

Riverbraid is very new to cooking. He/She doesn't know how to access plain pepper

I say don't overwhelm him/her with complicated foodie stuff.

Just my .02

Riverbraid is very new to cooking. He/She doesn't know how to access plain pepper

I say don't overwhelm him/her with complicated foodie stuff.

Just my .02

Keep it simple works so much better. I doubt he even knows what a grinder for pepper is. All he wanted to know is what is the name of that black stuff you shake on your food. Not information on a mechanical contraption he never heard of.

Back
Top Bottom