Cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SherryG

Assistant Cook
Hi, I'm new here today. I got a new gas range , I'd like to know what the best cookware to use. :chef:

Last edited by a moderator:
many of us feel that tri ply gives a good solid pan for best even heating results. Many like the stainless steel finish, others the hard anodized aluminum. Some silverstone (teflon) is useful for eggs and other sticky issues. So a variety of pan and pots is good. Certainly AllCLad is a top brand, but yo can go to a fine gourmet kitchenware store and get a good house brand for less money...such as Le Gourmet Chef, and Sur la Table, Kitchen Connection, etc.

Welcome to DC Sherry. You will be fascinated by all the wonderful cooking products on the market.

Many of the recipes that you will want to try and some of your favorites will list the cook/bake ware necessary for that project. For example recipes similar to hamburger helper will suggest that you use a 10" skillet with a lid. Cooking rice instructions may tell you that you need a pot that will hold 1 1/2 quarts of water as an example.

You can purchase a basic cookware set or buy it by the piece as needed.

I would never invest in a $300 appliance unless I could use it routinely each week. I would buy a nice hand-mixer for most common jobs....but I would not buy a $ Kitchen aid appliance unless I had one recipe for each dollar that I was going to spend on it.

The silicone products are becoming a favorite on the clearance isles so I would pass on that.

Having proper cooking utensils will help to protect your new cookware.

I don't have a favorite brand. I just try to buy something respectable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom