Copco cast iron question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobinaz

Assistant Cook
Hi all, my first post here. I love cooking and the stuff you use to cook with. I have some other cast iron, I really like it and use it both indoor and outdoor. Today I bought this really nice skillet at GW. On the bottom it says "COPCO" and "Denmark" and "11s5e". The skillet has ridges inside. The skillet is black, but it is not enameled. The bottom is flat and kinda shiny. The cast iron looks to have some kind of a coating on it, maybe a seasoning??
It is really heavy and has a really good "cast iron ring" to it. I did some searching on copco but saw mostly enameled coated cookware, and tea kettles. I saw some mention of later stuff being made in china.....but this has "denmark" stamped on the bottom. This is almost too nice to use on my outdoor cooker, so I will have to do some rotating....
Do any of you have similar copco skillets?? If someone wants more info on it, I can email a picture....I just cannot do it at the moment.
Anyways.....I like this site and forums here. Thanks inadvance for any other info on copco skillets.

BoB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom