Crashing Through the Discuss Cooking Ceiling and Landing in the Building

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhatDoesItTasteLike

Assistant Cook
Heyo! I'm a guy who's been cooking for about 11 years. Not professionally, but the stuff I make is generally well-received. Does that make me an amateur, or have I arrived at mediocre?

Great to be here! I have dozens of cooking related questions I've had floating around in my head forever, and this looks like just the right place to be for that! Thanks for reading!

Welcome to Discuss Cooking. I would say you are an amateur. From Wiktionary:

"A person attached to a particular pursuit, study, or science as to music or painting; especially one who cultivates any study or art, from taste or attachment, without pursuing it professionally."

And in French, it means a lover of something.

You need to be more specific, as fifferent rrgions of Italy serve different kind of meals. Even the prefered pasta shapes, proteins, seaoningss, and vegatbles vary from one area to another. Some areas use very few tomatoes, while others are famous for their toato sauses. The sauages in Northern Italy differ from those found in Souther regions. And then, there are Sicilian recipes. What kind of Italin foods are you interested in? What kind of fat do you want to use? Is it olive oil, pork fat, chicken fat, duck fat? Are you looking for soups,stews,or braised protiens, or are you wanting cheese dishes, or maybe a great ragu, or even salad? So you need to let us know what you want to make.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom