From Atlanta to Los Angeles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all.....

I've been a reader of this forum for some time now and recently joined.

I was born in Toronto, CAN, grew up in Atlanta most of my life, went to university in New Orleans and moved out permanently to California about 10 years ago.

I helped my Mom start her business about 13 years ago based on constant suggestions from friends and associates who she made special order, gourmet brownies and gift baskets for. Next thing I know, she's got about 8 products ready to go and starts taking orders from stores.

While out in Cali I've mostly been involved in television production, but have dabbled in so many different things. The weather here is gorgeous, but I miss having actual seasons. However, I can see why most people find it hard to leave Cali once they're here. The weather is hard to beat, although I find it strange when it's been 80 degrees in the middle of December.

I split my time up between being a food broker for my Mom's gourmet products, being a home theater consultant and creating T-shirt designs with my best friend.

I love to ski, play music, take road trips, find great places to eat and see live music shows and movies.

That's enough rambling about myself. Glad I finally decided to JOIN this board.....lots of interesting posts.

Hi!

Wow, you sound like you have an interesting job and a good life. Welcome! I'm sort of new here too, and it's really interesting and the people seem to be very nice. -Sandyj

Welcome to DC, Hungry!!!
Hope you like it here. Your website looks very tempting!!
Especially the 5 pepper jelly. I have had the jalepeno jelly over cream cheese and served on crackers and it is really good.

18.gif

Welcome A.H.!
- What part of California are you in? (PS - haven't heard the term "Cali" since L.L. Cool J. - lol)

Thanks for the welcome :cool:
And thanks texasgirl for the compliment on the site.

Our 5 pepper jelly isn't very hot, but it does go really well with cream cheese like you described. I especially like it with a good havarti cheese and whole grain crackers. You'd probably love our Mango spread in the same manner.

Hi Sandy and welcome too. Definitely an interesting forum.

Thank you PA Baker. I appreciate it.

Jkath. Hi to you too. I'm in Los Angeles (w. hollywood right on the beverly hills border, in case you don't know where w. hollywood is). As far as I know, lots of people still call it Cali, even though it HAS been a long time since LL Cool J called it that :chef:

Have a great day everyone and thank you.

What a trip! Yeah, I know just where you are - knew some folks just off of Robertson.
I grew up in Santa Barbara,:cool: but relocated to the San Gabriel Valley in '91.

Glad you're here.

Glad you found us AH..It's nice to add to this great grouph here. I'm sure you'll love it as much as we do. WELCOME

kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom