G'day all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Quadlex

Cook
I thought I'd make an 'introduction' post before I forget too (As is my wont).

I'm a 22 year old Software Engineer living in sunny Australia. I think Vegemite is an awesome breakfast spread (That your FDA banned from import... Added Folate is the DEVIL! Apparently. Potentially Carcinogenic food colourings, though, they're fine), that "Half and Half" is a measure of any given thing, not a dairy product, and that Christmas is a good time for Fruit Cake Gelati. Oh, and if you tell me to "chuck another prawn on the barbie" I'm likely to tell you to chuck something else, similar to pork, on first, but that's because I don't like seafood.

When I'm not studying or working for ungreatful lawyers, I like to cook (obviously), go to Rovers (think 20 year old Scouts... But more hardcore and fun), take black and white photographs, and update my blog (Which I can give you the address for, if you PM me).

I recently grabbed a Gelati machine and am starting to get fun with that... Maple Syrup gelati has been my big success so far, but there are other, more interesting things in the mix. My favourite TV chef is Alton Brown, my favourite cooking ingredient is Tinned tomatoes, and I've recently become addicted to buying ultra-cookbooks... The Silver Spoon, The Cooks Book, 1000 Indian recipies.

Sometime in the future I hope to buy a Kitchen Aide mixer, and put a smile on my dial with an oven that *doesn't* burn everything put into it, as a matter of course. This Face will be very happy to leave his dodgy townhouse and get a real kitchen, which I'll share with my boyfriend, christen with Osso Bucco, and use to cook my favourite foods, such as pasta, chilled desserts, things involving Australian bushfoods (Kanga steak + Bush Tomato Glaze = Win), cocktails (They're a food, garnishes!) and biscuits (No, not those biscuits, what you guys call Cookies).

Thanks for listening!

Last edited:
G'day back atcha and welcome. Don't like seafood, hmmm, more for me, great! Gotta say I've lived in squalor for many yeas before breaking free at last and having an awesome kitchen...so put in your dues, save your cash and things will turn out well. Now, the best way to get a kitchen upgrade is to invest in really good cookware (what you might call crockery) and you've got a fine metalsmith in Tasmania, so give LaraCopper a look. It's an investment for the fututre because it will last a lifetime and more.

Hello Quadlex!
I promise I'll never talk 'chucking a prawn on the barbie' to you! I don't even like seafood, so we're safe;)
You'd have had quite a laugh a while back when we were all talking about foods we adore and I mentioned a typical southern favorite, biscuits and gravy. One of our overseas friends was quite sickened thinking about putting sausage gravy over one of her "biscuits".:LOL: We had to explain what an American biscuit was.

PS - "the face" is absolutely adorable.

Welcome to DC!

Hi Quadlex and welcome! (I think your beloved Vegemite was only banned in the US. You'll find this is quite the international community as we have members from all over the world.)

Hope you get that new kitchen soon!

Good to read your refreshingly honest and funny post. Hope you really enjoy it here.
I'm ashamed to say I don't know of any other biscuit than a cookie/biscuit of which too many beat a path to my door.
Welcome again!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom