Good day from the UK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmybing

Assistant Cook
Hi All,

Just a quick note to say hello to everyone - I think I may have just found my idea of heaven, a site for people who are enthusiastic about cooking!

I'm actually an Accountant, but stumbled across this place while looking for advice on how to cater for a wedding party (e.g. mine!). :chef:

I look forward to talking to you, and if you have any top tips to give an enthusiastic amateur party caterer from Blightly then let me know!

Cheers!

J

Glad you found us! Catering your own wedding is pretty ambitious! Why don't you post your initial ideas, suggestions, etc, in this forum:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f115/ - It's under the 'Today's Menu and Food Talk' general heading.

I've got catering experience, as do several others here, and we'd be glad to help! We'd need to know things like how big a reception is it going to be; what are your food skills; what sort of 'helpers' will you have; your budget.

Be glad to lend a hand!

Well, I eloped a year ago tomorrow, but if we had not done the only thing about the HUGE wedding our parents were planning that was not stressful was the food. My mother and I had great fun planning the amazing buffet we were going to have, and I still plan to have that meal, but now it will be for our fifth wedding anniversary LOL when hopefully I will feel a lot less stressed and I can tell you that I will not be inviting the 500 people that our families were having to our wedding LOL. (In the end we and our two witnesses...the only people at our wedding) met with my parents and had the best restaurant meal of my life and all my husband and I had to worry about was each other, lol.

Welcome to another Brit!

Hello, can I call myself a Brit yet??? I moved to Blighty 4 years ago, and I love it. I went to my first football game and cheered for England, so I guess I'm really English now!!!

I've managed to avoid a trip down the aisle so far, but if we do get there, I hope to cater mine........

You can call yourself English, if you like, Kyles.... but I think you should call yourself Lancastrian! I absolutely HATE the term 'Brits' - that's what the IRA called us from the mainland for many years! I don't even like 'British'!!!

I don't mind British, you are right re Brit though Ishbel, and I apologise!

As I said I don't mind British, the caveat being that I remain proud of my roots from England, Scotland Wales and Ireland...so I really am British, but I am English too. Its very sad that in "British" culture we have a tendancy to celebrate things from everywhere but England yet still some people use British and English interchangably, which is fair on none of the British Isles.

It's interesting to see how many flags of St George are flying from buildings and cars in London, in support of the English football team. I was amazed to see it recently - but it's great to see the English have finally wrested that symbol back from the BNP! In Scotland, the Saltire is very much in evidence, but the English have been much less up-front in promoting their 'own' flag, rather than the Union one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom